dew drops

This is me, my views and my life.
My story is not mine, so is the plot.
But come with me and take the plunge,
Swim in the ocean of life.
Make some ripples throughout eternity
And praise Him again and again for this wonderful opportunity!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

information age, bio age?

before my topic I would like to praise the Lord for helping me see through this day (i had two midterms and crammed for it...). I praise Him for His guidance and the peace that He parted while I was about to choke in my panic... =)

Thank you Lord!

---------

as i was studying my bioelectronics paper... the first one out of the heap that i have to read for my midterm this week's saturday morning. I felt disturbed by the things that are happening already. Fields like bioelectronics, bioMEMs are quite confusing and as what our prof said today, it is supposedly a PhD level module (but our NUS believed that NUS students can take it... trust me... it is high level! my brain is gonna crack!) but from what I understand from this module, it is a field with gray areas in morality. when you speak of ethical issues, this one seems to have a lot to offer. A double-edged field... a totally double-edged one!

do you happen to recall Mission Impossible 3? where a miniscule bomb was inserted in the brain through the nostril and killed a close comrade of the protagonist. That technology is but a possibility (if not yet an underground part) of bioelectronics.
the paper i just read (half way) is about this neural prosthesis and how it can record neural pulses as well as stimulate pulses and even control the neuron's environment by inserting drugs and all that using this technology? In the not so far future you could see potential developments like cure for paralysis, parkinsons and all that... But on the other hand, you can also see a potential threat as this technology could actually lead to human control and as well as a biologically destructive weapon, one example is in MI3 and possibly other than a bomb, some deadly chemicals combined in such tiny chips, micrometer in size lately.

Don't know. I am disturbed alright. But who am I to tell what must and must not happen? I am but a small dot in the world, not even visible in the map. What change can I offer? ... But then... I realized that you know, if this is part of God's will so let it be. But if it is not, then there is no way it is going to happen... well, what is most impt of all I guess His plan, which we humans do not really understand yet... Although for sure that His plan is perfect and pleasing and good! We all just need the courage, determination, perseverance, faith in Him, etc to see through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home